Section 1 (Purpose and Significance)
www.couple.net (hereinafter called “Couple.net” or “the Company”) provides matchmaking-related services for adults with legal and de facto single status
The provisions of this agreement (hereinafter called "the Agreement") have the purpose of stipulating the rights, responsibilities and duties of Members and the Company related to members’ profile information, online profile searching, matching services and member meetings.
The Company determines and governs the scope of Member profile information disclosure based on Members' consent. Member profiles on Couple.net are assumed to be truthful, so Members must agree to be held responsible for confirming others’ profile information on their own before dating or marrying anyone matched by the Company.
The provisions of this Agreement apply to all contents of Couple.net. Therefore, we ask that the entire contents be read carefully and thoroughly before joining Couple.net, because by agreeing to comply with the Agreement, it is assumed that the contents are agreed to in their entirety by Members.
Section 2 (Definition of Membership)
* Matching is defined as a recommendation to contact and meet another member, and it is members' decision whether or not to accept matching.
- Member: (a) One who registers for the Company’s Services by executing this Agreement and complying with the eligibility requirements stated in Section 5. (b) A participant in any online or offline event of the Company. (c) Anyone who uses wedding and other services provided by the Company. A member shall be considered someone who has submitted a Couple.net profile and completed the member registration procedures.
- Pre-member: Someone who has not been fully completed their profile according to the members’ registration of Couple.net.
- Never Married Member: Members who have confirmed that they are not currently nor have been previously in a common-law or legally registered marriage anywhere in the world.
- Divorced/Widowed Member: Members who have records of legal marriage in the past but who are currently neither legally married nor in a common-law marriage; however, in the case of the Republic of Korea, persons who have not legally registered their marriage but were in a common-law marriage shall be deemed divorced/widowed Members. In other cases Members' status shall be determined according to the laws and social/cultural norms of the Members' respective countries of residence.
* Meeting is defined as two members' mutual consent to meet (and their exchange of contact information).
Section 3 (Protection of Personal Information)
- The Company collects the minimum necessary personal information related to matchmaking from a Member and also obtains consent when collecting information regarding identification.
- The personal information provided by a Member will not be provided to a third party or used for any purposes other than the following without consent of the Member:
- For providing the minimum information regarding a Member (education level, occupation, date of birth, family background, contact information, photo and miscellaneous profile information) necessary for providing matching service.
- For providing information to headquarter, a subsidiary or affiliate company for the purpose of service collaboration.
- For providing information to a subsidiary or affiliate company for the purpose of service collaboration.
- For complying with the law (requests or orders related to law enforcement).
- In order to protect the security of the website and services, Couple.net reserves the right to block members from certain IP addresses from accessing the Couple.net website.
Section 4 (Scope of Member Information Disclosure)
- The Company shall disclose some of the information submitted at the time of joining when Members use matching service according to the categories listed below. Moreover, the Company shall treat personal information of members in good faith and use reasonable efforts to prevent loss, theft, disclosure, falsification or damage.
|a. Information disclosed via profile searching results list
||ID (Open match member), First 3 letters of username, age, city/state/region of residence, job type
|b. Information disclosed to matches
||In addition to information listed in section a.: marital status (never married/previously married), detailed location, nationality, hometown, ethnicity, language(s), religion, family religion, height, impairment/disability condition, # of siblings/birth order, living situation, highest education level, undergraduate/graduate school information, , job title/description, the number of child 'About Me'.
|c. Information disclosed by member’s choice
||In addition to information listed in sections a. and b.: weight, name of employer, annual income, assets, parents’ education/occupation/assets.
|d. Information disclosed after mutual agreement to meet/payment for service
||In addition to information listed in sections a., b., c.: name, phone number and email address
- Member information is disclosed only within the scope of submitted information, and information not entered in the registration form shall be marked as [Required Field Missing] when viewed by other Members.
- Company will not be held liable for any of Members' submitted profile information.
Section 5 (Eligibility)
- You must be at least 18 years old to register for the Service and/or to use the Website. B y using the Service and/or Couple.net, you represent and warrant/confirm that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and that you agree to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- To become a Member, you must be currently legally single. If you have been married or been in a de facto marriage (co-habitation) previously, you must disclose such facts.
- To become a member, you must not be credit blacklisted, convicted of any offense (including sexual), subject to any court order, or in any other condition that would cause your eligibility for a relationship/marriage to be considered questionable. If you become a member, you represent and warrant that you are not under these aforementioned conditions. Couple.net reserves the exclusive right to determine and revise member qualifications and restrictions.
Section 6 (Cautionary Matters When Joining Couple.net)
- Anyone who wants to become a Couple.net member must submit all required personal information and complete phone, email, and identity verification.
- The Member shall submit truthful and accurate personal information including his/her photo and verification documents; in case of falsification, he/she may be legally prosecuted.
- The Member shall classify himself/herself as never married when he/she has never been legally or actually married at the time of Couple.net registration and as divorced/widowed if he/she has been in a legally registered marriage or common law marriage, and is currently legally single. The Member shall be liable in any criminal and civil proceedings that may result from joining as a Member without disclosing past or current marital status.
- If a member's profile and submitted background documents do not contain corresponding information, the Company has authority to pursue investigation of the member, restrict the member's use of services, and take legal action against the member.
Section 7 (Directions for Member’s Use of Service)
- In the event that a Member uses services provided by the Company, a username and password shall be created and controlled by the Member.
- A Member shall not allow anyone else to use his/her username or password. If a Member has his or her username or Password stolen or is aware that an unauthorized party is using them, such Member shall notify the Company immediately and comply with further instructions from the Company.
- It is Member’s responsibility to logout of his/her account properly, and Couple.net is not liable in any way for problems that may arise from third party access to/use of personal information as a result of the member’s incomplete logout.
- Member is responsible for updating his/her Couple.net profile information and for submitting relevant documents when applicable. Moreover, the Member shall maintain his/her personal information, and any liability for accuracy of personal information lies solely with the Member. The Company only confirms Members’ registered information and shall not be held liable for disputes arising from erroneous personal information registered by the Member; the Member shall be solely liable in the case of such disputes.
- Should a Member fail to update or notify new status of his/her personal information, the Member shall be liable for any consequences arising from such failure.
- Use of services for commercial, research, or other purposes unrelated to relationship-seeking is prohibited. Couple.net may periodically monitor profiles to check members’ service use.
- Member shall not falsely represent him/herself to other members and shall not use others’ profile (personal) information for any purpose unrelated to dating or pursuing relationship/marriage.
Section 8 (Services Provided)
- Service types include self-searching, online and offline events, and customized matchmaking through Couple.net after paid membership fee or certain amount of money.
- The Company may limit or stop providing all or part of its services in case normal usage of the service becomes impossible due to repair of equipment, electricity failure, equipment trouble, excessive use of service, national emergency, acts of God, or other events of force majeure.
- The company has the right to pause or stop matching upon members' mutual request and confirmation for the reasons of getting married or dating exclusively.
- The Company operates in close proximity such as the headquarter, USA, Busan/Daegu, Gwangju/Honam and Bangbae center to perform a couple manager matching service and to handle customer complaints by full-time employees and outsourcing employees according to commercial law.
Section 9 (Cautionary Matters When Using the Service)
- Although the Company does not currently check the criminal history of Members, it may conduct criminal history check at any time due to a Member’s suspicion/request for background investigation or when the Company deems it necessary.
- The use of the Company’s services may be suspended, at the sole discretion of the Company, in the following cases:
- In case of a Member's actions such as character defamation, use of profanity, etc.
- In case of a Member's actions resulting in harm to others such as spreading false information about the Company or another member, etc.
- In case of a Member disclosing his/her own or another person's contact information or trying to elicit direct contact from others.
- In case of a Member posting or spreading information related to other companies or other organizations (that have no relation to the Company).
- Reliability of personality analysis and personality compatibility is not guaranteed by the Company.
Section 10 (Service Fees)
- Service fees, expiration date, service schema are outlined on the Couple.net website members' registration fee or extra service fee should be paid accordingly.
- Service fee and conditions for VIP matching shall be in accordance with a separate agreement at the time of membership registration.
Section 11 (Refund)
- Registration fee is non-refundable due to immediate service activation (receiving matches and viewing others' profiles) after payment.
- Matching (exchange phone number) fee is 90% refundable(10% of service fee is deducted automatically ofr processing).
- Fees for VIP matching service: It shall be accordance with the signed service agreement according to the terms and conditions of the fair trade commission.
- Fees are non-refundable in the following cases:
- In the case that a member is already in a relationship/engaged/married with another Couple.net member at the time of refund request.
- Service which provides in a certain period of time or an immediate service activation such as a membership registration fee after payment.
- During refund processing, use of service may be restricted.
Section 12 (Measures for Increasing Members’ Security and Accuracy of Personal Information)
To ensure members’ reliability and to protect members using the Company’s services, measures such as restricting/stopping use of services will be taken against members who falsify their information. Also, as part of the member registration process it is required to confirm that all personal information submitted is accurate and truthful and also to provide proof of identity (for verification purposes).
- There are special notice to members viewing others’ profiles that the profile information and supporting documents are provided by the profile holders, therefore members are responsible for verifying other person’s information at the time of meeting at their own discretion.
- In the case of members’ mutual consent to meet, they will be notified again to check/confirm each other’s profile information. A specific reminder to confirm validity of single status, education, and occupation is included in the guidelines for meeting other members.
Section 13 (Disclaimer of Warranty, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification)
- The Company provides the Services on an “As Is” and “As Available” basis and grants no warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory, or otherwise with respect to its Services or Couple.net (including all information contained therein), including any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. The Company does not guarantee/warrant that your use of the Services will be secure, uninterrupted, always available, error-free, or will meet your requirements, or that any defects in the Services will be corrected. The Company disclaims liability for, and no warranty is made with respect to, the connectivity and availability of the Services.
- In no event will the Company be liable for any incidental, special, consequential, or indirect damages arising out of or relating to the use or inability to use the Services, including, without limitation, damages for loss or corruption of data or programs, service interruptions and procurement of substitute services, even if the Company knows or has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Each Member is responsible for investigating the detailed personal information of other members, and the Company is not responsible for any circumstances that occur between Members after exchange of their contact information.
- The Company shall not be held liable for the contents of personal information submitted by a member.
- The Company shall not be held liable for emotional and material/financial damages suffered by a Member caused by using Couple.net unless the Company has been found to have caused such damages intentionally or through its gross negligence.
Section 14 (Responsibilities of a Member)
- Members shall provide the Company with accurate and truthful personal information and shall be held liable for all profile contents and related documents. In the event that any of the information is incorrect or member submits any false documents, Member is liable for any and all legal consequences that may result.
- Documents (except for education-related) submitted by the Member shall be issued within three months from the date of issue.
- In the event of any changes to personal information, the Member shall notify the Company within 15 days of the change.
- Members shall behave appropriately and respectfully when meeting each other.
- In the event that a Member starts exclusively dating or gets married through using the Company’s services, the Member shall notify the Company within 1 month.
- The Company makes efforts to ensure reliability of profile information, but ultimately the Member is solely responsible for verifying and investigating the background of any person that he/she dates or marries.
Section 15 (Termination of Contract)
- The contract between the Company and a Member shall be terminated by the occurrence of any of the following:
- Member’s deactivation/request for deactivation of account.
- Death or physical/mental impairment (must be verified by a physician) which prevents member’s use of services.
- Company bankruptcy or acts of God.
- Marriage between Members. Members are defined as persons described in Section 2-1, and also include those whose membership has elapsed.
- In cases where the causes are confirmed in the following subsections, the Company shall issue a warning to the Member and block the member’s use of services for 1 week, and may, at its sole discretion, terminate the contract if such causes cannot be corrected within that period.
- A Member intentionally or negligently submits a forged or altered document.
- A Member is found to have failed to disclose a physical disability, mental disease, chronic disease, marriage history, bad credit, criminal history, or other circumstances deemed, in the sole discretion of the Company, to be unsuitable for starting a relationship.
- A Member is reported more than twice for causing discomfort, harm, or indignity to another member or for failing to meet another member after mutual agreement/exchange of contact information.
- The Company shall give a two-week resolution period to any Member in the following cases, and if such Member does not take measures to prevent a reoccurrence of the action, the Company may, at its sole discretion, terminate the contract.
- If the Company determines that a Member has damaged or caused to be damaged the reputation or honor of the Company.
- If the Company determines that a Member has breached the laws of any jurisdiction or any provision of this Agreement.
- A Member may terminate the contract at any time without prior notice.
Section 16 (Restrictions of Use)
In response to actions listed below, Couple.net may restrict use of service including but not limited to restrictions of access to account and/or services such as login restriction, temporary suspension, permanent suspension and deactivate the account. In the case of temporary or permanent account deactivation, any remaining unused services or access to service-related features will be removed, for which the Company shall not provide any compensation:
- Failing to login to account for at least six consecutive months, in which case it is deemed appropriate to restrict service use for the purpose of protection of member information and for management efficiency.
- Violating any of the policies outlined below
- Posting or distributing information regulated under subsection 7-1 of Section 44 of Regulations on Internet Use Promotion and Information Protection entitled ‘Prohibition of Distribution of Unlawful Information’.
- Being reported by other members more than twice for any form of inappropriate behavior (causing offense or emotional damage, not attending an arranged date, etc.).
- Posting or sending unlawful, threatening, violent, illegal, vulgar, obscene, defaming or libelous contents, or contents infringing upon others’ privacy, or causing racial discrimination, humiliation, disgust or fear, and other inappropriate contents.
- Acts interfering with or delaying normal operation of Couple.net site such as Member letting another person use his/her account, misrepresenting his/her identity, illegally communicating via the website/services, hacking, or using/distributing malicious software.
- Being reported for stalking and harassing other members or for other behaviors deemed inappropriate.
- Acts defaming Couple.net and its employees (including insults or violent language).
- For using other members’ contact information obtained through using Couple.net services for purposes other than relationship-seeking (spamming, mass mailing, etc.).
- Acts of intimidating or intentionally harassing Couple.net employees, or indicating false affiliation with Couple.net.
- Other acts considered to violate current laws or social norms or to cause damage to other members or to disrupt normal operation of service.
Section 17 (Agreement Acceptance and Update)
Section 18 (Jurisdiction and Governing Law)
Section 19 (Waiver and Severability)
- The waiver or failure to exercise any right under this Agreement by the Company shall not constitute a waiver of any other right under the terms of this Agreement.
- In the event that any section and/or provision of this Agreement is ruled legally unenforceable and/or invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
Section 20 (Entire Agreement)
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Member and the Company regarding the use of the Couple.net website and/or services.
The revised agreement is effective from March 01, 2016.